NJ Laws Directions to Ken Vercammen and Associates Ken Vercammens Resume Ken Vercammen articles

Kenneth Vercammen & Associates
A Law Office with Experienced Attorneys for Your New Jersey Legal Needs

2053 Woodbridge Ave.
Edison NJ 08817

Personal Injury and Criminal
on Weekends 732-261-4005

Princeton Area
68 South Main St.
Cranbury, NJ 08512
By Appointment Only
Toll Free 800-655-2977

Court Rule 7:7-8. Form of Subpoena

7:7-8. Form of Subpoena

  • (a) Issuance.Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (d), upon the issuance of process on a complaint within the trial jurisdiction of the municipal court, a subpoena may be issued by a judicial officer, by an attorney in the name of the court administrator, or, in cases involving a non-indictable offense, by a law enforcement officer or other authorized person. The subpoena shall be in the form approved by the Administrative Director of the Courts. In cases involving non-indictable offenses, the law enforcement officer may issue subpoenas to testify in the form prescribed by the Administrative Director of the Courts. Courts having jurisdiction over such offenses, the Division of State Police, the Motor Vehicle Commission, and any other agency so authorized by the Administrative Director of the Courts may supply subpoena forms to law enforcement officers.

  • (b) Subpoena to Testify.A subpoena to testify shall state the name of the municipal court and the title of the action. It shall contain the appropriate case docket number and shall command each natural person or authorized agent of an entity to whom it is directed to attend and give testimony at a specific time and date when the court will be in session. The subpoena may also specify that the specific time and date to attend court will be established at a later time by the court. If the witness is to testify in an action for the State or for an indigent defendant, the subpoena shall so note and shall contain an order to appear without the prepayment of any witness fee as otherwise required under N.J.S.A. 22A:1-4.

  • (c) Subpoena to Produce Documents or Electronically Stored Information.A subpoena may require the production of books, papers, documents, electronically stored information or other items on the date of the scheduled court appearance. The court may enter a supplemental order directing that the items designated in the subpoena be produced in court at a time prior to the scheduled court appearance or at another location. The order of the court may also specify that the designated items may, upon their production, be inspected by the parties and their attorneys.

  • (d) Investigative Subpoenas in Operating While Under the Influence Cases.When the State demonstrates to the court through sworn testimony and/or supporting documentation that there is a reasonable basis to believe that a person has operated a motor vehicle in violation of N.J.S.A. 39:4-50 or N.J.S.A. 39:3-10.13, a vessel in violation of N.J.S.A. 12:7-46, or an aircraft in violation of N.J.S.A. 6:1-18, a municipal court judge with jurisdiction over the municipality where the alleged offense occurred may issue an investigative subpoena directing an authorized agent of a medical facility located in New Jersey to produce medical records related to the presence of alcohol, narcotics, hallucinogens, habit-producing drugs or chemical inhalants in the operators body. If no case is pending, the subpoena may be captioned In the Matter under investigation.

  • (e) Personal Service.A subpoena may be served at any place within the State of New Jersey by any person 18 or more years of age. Service of a subpoena shall be made by personally delivering a copy to the person named, together with the fee allowed by law, except that if the person is a witness in an action for the State or an indigent defendant, the fee shall be paid before leaving the court at the conclusion of the trial by the municipal court administrator as otherwise required by N.J.S.A. 22A:1-4. After service of a subpoena, the person serving the subpoena shall promptly file a copy of the subpoena and proof of service with the court.

  • (f) Continuing Duty to Appear.A witness who has been personally served with a subpoena shall remain under a continuing obligation to appear until released by the court.

  • (g) Failure to Appear.In the absence of an adequate excuse, any person who fails to obey a personally served subpoena, as evidenced by an executed return of service, is subject to punishment for contempt of court. The court may issue a warrant for the arrest of the person subject to contempt as authorized by N.J.S.A. 2A:10-8.

  • (h) Motion to Quash.The court, on motion made prior to the scheduled court date, may quash or modify a subpoena to testify or a subpoena to produce writings or electronically stored information if compliance would be unreasonable, oppressive or not in compliance with the procedures required under this rule.

Cell Phone:
E-Mail Address

If You Do Not Include a Complete E-Mail Address, Network will not Forward Your Contact Form to the Law Office.

Details of the Case
By typing " agree" into the box you are confirming that you wish to send your information to the Law Office of Kenneth Vercammen

Kenneth Vercammen was the Middlesex County Bar Municipal Court Attorney of the Year

Meet with an experienced Attorney to handle your important legal needs.
Please call the office to schedule a confidential "in Office" consultation.
Attorneys are not permitted to provide legal advice by email.

Kenneth Vercammens Law office represents individuals charged with criminal, drug offenses, and serious traffic violations throughout New Jersey. Our office helps people with traffic/ municipal court tickets including drivers charged with Driving While Intoxicated, Refusal and Driving While Suspended.

Kenneth Vercammen was the NJ State Bar Municipal Court Attorney of the Year and past president of the Middlesex County Municipal Prosecutors Association.

Criminal and Motor vehicle violations can cost you. You will have to pay fines in court or receive points on your drivers license. An accumulation of too many points, or certain moving violations may require you to pay expensive surcharges to the N.J. DMV [Division of Motor Vehicles] or have your license suspended. Dont give up! The Law Office of Kenneth Vercammen can provide experienced attorney representation for criminal motor vehicle violations.

When your job or drivers license is in jeopardy or you are facing thousands of dollars in fines, DMV surcharges and car insurance increases, you need excellent legal representation. The least expensive attorney is not always the answer. Schedule an appointment if you need experienced legal representation in a traffic/municipal court matter.

Our website www.KennethVercammen.com provides information on traffic offenses we can be retained to represent people. Our website also provides details on jail terms for traffic violations and car insurance eligibility points. Car insurance companies increase rates or drop customers based on moving violations.

Contact the Law Office of
Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, P.C.
at 732-572-0500
for an appointment.

The Law Office cannot provide legal advice or answer legal questions over the phone or by email. Please call the Law office and schedule a confidential "in office" consultation.

Ken Vercammen articles

Ken Vercammens Resume Directions to Ken Vercammen and Associates

Disclaimer This web site is purely a public resource of general New Jersey information (intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date). It is not intended be a source of legal advice, do not rely on information at this site or others in place of the advice of competent counsel. The Law Office of Kenneth Vercammen complies with the New Jersey Rules of Professional Conduct. This web site is not sponsored or associated with any particular linked entity unless specifically stated. The existence of any particular link is simply intended to imply potential interest to the reader, inclusion of a link should not be construed as an endorsement.

Copyright 2019. Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, P.C.